At 13,924+/- Acres, Southern Cattle Company is One of the Finest Cattle Ranch Operations in the South Featuring One of the Most Researched and Respected Cattle Herds in the Country with Highly Desirable Genetics, Outstanding Water (Existing and Permitted), Exceptional Improvements, and Some of the Finest Farming Lands in the Southeast
- 13,924+/- total acre operation (8,991+/- acres deeded and 4,933 acres leased) in Jackson County, Florida in a prosperous farming neighborhood
- PASTURE: 8,246 +/- acres in improved pasture (deeded and leased) and of that, 2,097+/- acres of highly improved pastures, including TifQuik, Perennial Peanut, Tifton 85, and blends (1107 +/- acres deeded/990 +/- acres leased)
- TIMBER: Apx 1,129 +/- acres planted loblolly pine, 15 to 30 + years, timber estimates of $1,500 and $3,000 per acre in some areas per overall timbered acre
- Timberland was former farmland with above-average site indexes (est. 80) and can easily be converted back for farming and should also fit organic certification requirements
- Great timber markets in the area, good number of stands merchantable now to help offset any conversion costs
- SOILS: Very good, Class II soils- Majority is Chipola, Red Bay, Greenville, Troup, Orangeburg, and Albany
- Less than 18% wetlands across the entire operation. Significant water features (described below)
Water and Irrigation
- 19 center pivots totaling 1,769+/- acres currently irrigated (11 pivots/1051+/- acres on Deeded Land, 8 on Leased Land)
- Generous 20-year water-use permitting already negotiated
- Plans/schematics for an additional 2,280+/- acres of center pivots on Deeded Land
- Waddell's Spring - Magnitude 2 and bottled water quality, permits being secured, three observation wells already drilled
- Baltzell Spring Complex - Magnitude 2, very beautiful with run to Chipola River
- LAKE: The historic and spring-fed 170+/- acre lake "Waddell's Mill Pond"
- WELLS: 39 Existing Wells on Deeded Land (15 irrigation wells, 14 livestock wells, 4 monitoring wells, 3 observation wells, 2 domestic and 1 public well). Six additional permitted irrigation wells not yet constructed.
- RIVER: Over a mile of frontage on the Chipola River, 5.7+/- miles on Russ Mill Creek, Apx 1 mile on Spring Branch, and nearly 3 miles on Waddells Mill Creek.
- 35,000± sq. ft. warehouse/future bottling facility at I-10
Structures and Other Improvements
- State-of-the-art Sale Barn with auction auditorium, corporate offices, and entertainment facilities
- Show Barn
- Donor Barn/Embryological Transfer Facility
- 4 Hay Barns, 180' x 200'+/- and valued at $250,000 each
- Numerous equipment barns, sheds
- Boathouse on Waddell Mill Pond
- Conservative estimates of over 150 miles of fence with a majority high quality woven wire with wooden posts
- Six working set-ups/working pens
- Nine houses for employees and/or rental income
- The property is turn-key including cattle, horses, and frozen embryo & semen inventory
- 3,300 head of cattle and estimates of 1,700+/- calves by March 2016, at a value of apx $7,000,000 with nearly 20 different breed varieties and specializing in five major breeds; Angus, Brangus, Charolais, Brahman, and Beefmaster.
- 90 Head of Southern Cattle Company cutting horses at a value of over $1,000,000 per the Equine Manager (Plus 50 units of frozen Southerns Booncat semen (Sired by the celebrated Peptoboonsmal, ranked 7th for all-time reined cow horse sires and 8th among all-time cutting sires))
- Frozen Inventories (Cattle) - 2,687 Embryos at an average of $350-$500/Unit and 29,161 Semen at an average of $20/Unit; Estimated Value of Apx $1,000,000
*Inventories change daily. Contact broker for current inventories
- The property is turn-key including equipment valued at $4.1M - An extensive list of equipment is being assembled separately and is available upon request
- Southern Cattle Company is located on Hwy 231 approximately 10 miles northwest of Marianna in Jackson County, Florida, just 25 miles south of Dothan, Alabama. The Florida Caverns State Park borders the property to the south, and the UF/IFAS Extension Education Center at Greenwood is to the northeast with whom Southern Cattle Company has partnered by sending SCC cattle for extensive genetic research for feed efficiency.
- Jackson County is well-known for producing very good whitetails. There is an abundant population of turkey on the ranch. The fishing and boating/kayaking opportunities on the lake and on the Chipola River are second-to-none in Florida. The Chipola is one of the most beautiful rivers in the state.
Now Available - $55,000,000
Offered turn-key including equipment, cattle, horses, frozen inventory, and more